Temporary Closure




Staying the course was never my strong suit and beyond that planning too far in advance, seems a further obstacle or flat out plausible deniability. I started this journey with the fantasy of riding my steed though the 7 continents. That desire still kicks at me but I deal with a voluntary  schizophrenia of wanting to live many lives at once. I miss my wife and dogs along with my family and friends. Time can seem like the enemy almost every day but it also is the driving force to do something with that limit. Not sure how this will all play out but somehow I believe I can do it all, well at least attempt to do everything while not taking advantage of others and losing the importance of those that I love and love me.

After 5500 miles and 130,000' ft of climbing, I decided to forego heading to Europe and head home. This decision came while riding through the Southern states. By the time I arrived in Atlanta, I was fatigued and a wee bit lonely at times. The cold and snow out of Cincinnati to Columbus, really deepened the emotions that had settled in the weary brain and legs. The rest in Ohio with friends proved to be quite the refreshment though and by the time I drove to NY/CT I was ready mentally and physically to continue the cycling journey but the heart was not. So a few weeks with friends and more beer, then onto a plane home.
I have lots that I journaled along the way and I hope to add most of it to this blog. Much of it influenced by the 400+ podcasts I listened to about psychology, sociology and politics. It was quite the range of thoughts and feelings amplified by hours of solitary days and evenings.
Meanwhile, I am looking forward to sharing my love for bike adventures by building on my tours. Till then, imagine life larger than you.

Comments

Popular Posts